How to Use Surf Broadband's Speed Test Tool and Get the Most Accurate Result
Not all speed tests are created equal. While many sites aren't designed to handle ultra fast fiber services, Surf Broadband's speed test was built to handle and accurately measure up to 1 Gig.
To test your connection speed:
Be sure to close all applications before running the Internet speed test to ensure the best results.
Open your browser and go to speedtest.surfbroadband.com.
- Choose the server that's closest to you.
Click the "start" button to begin the test.
The Surf Broadband speed test checks your upload and download speeds and displays the results.
To Achieve the best speed test results, here are some helpful tips:
- This speed test is designed specifically for hardwired Ethernet Surf Broadband connections. Using this speed test over WiFi or testing to other Internet connections can produce unreliable results.
- Maximum Internet speeds of your chosen Fiber plan can only be achieved through a wired connection. Learn more about the maximizing your download speeds.
- Be sure the device you are using is updated to the latest version of the operating system.
- Use the latest version of your web browser to run the speed test.
- Have only one tab open in your web browser when running a speed test.
- For maximum results, turn off your TV box before running the speed test if you have Fiber TV. Your Fiber TV service uses the same Fiber jack as your data and takes priority.
- If possible, run the test on a recent model computer with up-to-date networking hardware.
If you've running the Surf Broadband Internet speed test over WiFi and want to maximize your results, here are ways you can improve your Wi-Fi speeds.
Troubleshoot your network connection
Learn more about our managed WiFi solution to simplify troubleshooting and experience the best WiFi performance. wifi.surfbroadband.com